Total page showings

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Birthday

Hello once again!

My birthday is coming up, I am actually turning 18 tomorrow! Age is just a number, to some extinct, but it's still suppose to be a big deal to turn 18, which is the legal age where I live. As an eighteen-year-old, you're supposed to be an adult, but I honestly don't feel like one. Of course it isn't expected of you to just "grow up" from day to day, but most teens get new or other privileges than they used to. I have, myself slowly gotten more privileges over the last few years, so it isn't going to be a waterfall of new things I am allowed to do.

I am not exactly the youngest in my class, but a lot of people already have their drivers licence, which is also a thing that comes along with turning 18, you are allowed to take "classes" to acquire a drivers licence, and I am working on it myself. I am really looking forward to being allowed to drive a car, and learning how to drive well, along with the fact that then I might be able switch it up a bit from the scooter, which goes tops 30km/h.. So I am certainly looking forward to that aspect of the entire "growing up" thing. 

One of my dear brothers really is a man-child, in the best way possible. He is 15 years older than me, which will be 32, and then 33 in December. Him and I like to do things together, like go to the cinema and see that new action movie, or go drive crossers and stuff like that. I hope to be an adult like that, being able to disconnect once in a while and go child-out, also because I think I'll need that in my adult life, since I'm not really the most mature being on this planet.

I do for some reason have a bit of a hard time picturing myself as someone who makes important decisions, and do adult stuff - I just don't think that my brain has adjusted to the idea of being an adult, which I legally am in about 15 hours.. Yikes.. My dear mother says that I'll adjust to it, and that she has faith in me, so that's what I am clinging onto right now, and hoping that she's right!

I am going to celebrate my birthday with a party tomorrow, and I am looking forward to seeing a lot of people, have fun, dance and yes - drink with them. The strange thing about this, is that I haven't really been very excited about turning 18, or the party before today. Right now I am totally ecstatic about the party, and having fun with my friends, the "turning 18" part still isn't really facing me, don't really know if it is a good, bad or neutral thing.. Guess I'll take it as it comes.

For now I'll go to where the party is being held and make ready with some tables and chairs, and then I'll have to see when I can pull my ass together to get a new blog post written, bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment