Total page showings

Monday, June 24, 2013

Today in Kris' world:

Hi guys!

Right now I am stuck in a car que on the highway - due to some douchebag truck driver. He has apparently pulled in to the emergency track, with the back end still "sticking out" and blocking an entire lane, and when there's only 2 lanes - that is a lot! This has resulted in a long que, but we are slowly nearing the truck so we can pass it!

The reason for this highway trip, thing, is visiting my grandmother. It is my nephew's birthday today (he is 6 years old and now "a big boy!" - quote himself), and his father is driving south to drop him off at his mother's, so the family is meeting at my grandmother's, that is about half way. We aren't staying for long, but we are going to celebrate Rasmus, my nephew, for a bit - and drive off after 3-4 hours.

I am really looking forward to seeing my grandmother again, and to make sure that she is okay! These last couple of days have left me with a bit flossed nerves. My grandmother was hospitalised Saturday morning for some minor illnesses and infections in her lounge tissue, and I feared that that was going to be the "end" of her. My grandmother is 92, and due to her age her heartrhythm isn't that stable anymore. It is not something really bad, it is normal when you get old. Never the less, it scared me to think that she was in the hospital. Luckily she is home now, and apparently doing fine, which was a huge relieve to hear!

Tomorrow I have my last end term test, and then it is SUMMER VACATION, BABY!! I am sooo looking forward to the vacation, and to actually get to sleep in, though tha tis not a guaranteed fact. I have a mother who clearly thinks that half past 8 in the morning is sleeping in. For me, in the vacations and weekends, that is still night. Yesterday I went to bed at 4AM in the morning, and spend some time of the day trying to catch up with some of the lost sleep! In the evening we were hosts for a seasonal event in our culture, called Sankt Hans. I am surprised that I wasn't pulled out of bed and forced to help with the preparations, but I think that my mother could see that I would do more harm than good with a knife in the kitchen!

We are soon at my grandmother's, so I am going to cut it here, I'll see ya later! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment