Total page showings

Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year's

DISCLAIMER

There is clear mentioning of alcohol in this post, and before you guys might flip your shit, I would like to state that the legal drinking age in my country is 16, and I am 17, so I am legal! Do not be alarmed, I am both legally, and by my parents, allowed to drink!

I do not condone minors drinking, you can easily have fun without alcohol - do not be dumb and drink if you're not legal! 


Thanks!


'Ello once again!

[Before you start reading, be warned, this is probably one of the longest thing I've ever written] 

I have now more or less recovered from my New Year's Eve - it is second day in school for me, yeah I started school the 2nd of January, there is no mercy in this school. I started out having an English mid-term test, which itself isn't really hard, what made it close to insufferable was the fact that I was so, so, so, so, sooooo tired!
The test started around 9AM, and at some point I just looked up at the clock and went: "I still hadn't gone to bed 24 hours ago.." that might seem crazy to some of you guys, but wasn't a party that went crazy as much as we just had too good of a time to go to bed - and we sort of went into the mode where you're just overly tired, and then your body just releases the last amount of energy, so you just end up going in over-drive... And we just kept saying "3 MORE HOURS, GUYS! WE CAN DO THIS!!"... Which ultimately lead to my falling asleep around 9.30AM.. Sigh..

I started out at "ma guurl" Sofie's house, she had to work from 3PM to 6PM, so I just waited at her house, went grocery shopping with Lis, Sofie's mother, showered and go ready - Sof came rushing home, had a quick shower and then we headed to some of their friends' house where we ate - and I learned that Tequila-shots are sooo much flipping better with oranges instead of lemons.. I know some people thinks that the sour taste is a part of it, but the oranges are just so much better when you're not that fond of that nasty tequila taste! 

After dinner, and the shots, we got a ride to where we were to pick up Julie, and girl also going to the party, and then the lovely lad who had given us a ride (who had not been drinking, do not drink and drive!!!!), also took us to the New Year's Eve part as well. We were blasting quite loud rock on the way there, and we were generally having a laugh, and I was in the best mood when we arrived! I wasn't really that drunk at that point, all I had gotten was a little bit of wine, and then a few shots, none of it had really kicked in yet - so except for the lack of buzz in me, I was in the greatest party mood!

Not so long I introduced my friends to one of my really good friends to my other friends, and apparently they loved him - which I am very glad that they do. He knew a few of the people beforehand, but at a party with 25 people he was introduced to a lot of new faces, and I think he did pretty well. Anyway, he was there when we arrived - and I was really glad to see him mingling and having fun, it made me more able to just run around and have fun, when I knew that he was having fun on his own; so I went along and partied on!

After I had greeted everyone, it was time to get shitfaced! Some of you guys might think that it is completely dumb that we party more or less just to get drunk, but that is just the way we do it here - it helps us loosen up, have a laugh, just cutting loose (I know I already said that) and forgetting how fucking stressful our everyday lives are. This sounds really deep and philosophic - but it's really not meant to be.. ;-)
Back on track, I poured some shots down to get myself buzzing, and I went around the house to check up on things. At Mark's house (where we were, duh) there's a pool table, which was frequently used, and it is actually quite fun to watch drunk people play pool, some get worse but some people actually get a lot better! In that room was also a couch, which was occupied most of the time, often by far too many people! 

The night went on and as we got more drunk, the music became higher; and I danced around with my friends, we did tequila body-shots (with orange!), went outside and a bit away from the house to shoot some firework (we weren't allowed to do it at the house, the neighbour-house has a roof of straw, which would catch fire a bit too easy!), and as 12:00 got closer we gathered in the basement, where we had an uplink to a countdown. As it hit 12:00PM/AM, we jumped from chairs, tables - and Marcel was even thrown into the new year! Of course it didn't go that well, but hat was mostly because one of the two guys throwing him chickened out and didn't really throw him - so he was thrown weird and landed more or less on a newly healed wound on his shin, which of course stated piss bleeding again.. But due to the alcohol I don't think he felt as much pain as he would've otherwise.

Oh yeah - and I got a New Year's kiss... Nothing major, but is was nice ;-)

I am actually quite impressed that I stayed up that long, I was up 'till about 10AM in the morning.. Which resulted in me being so tired the day after, that I could barely stay awake for breakfast - but when we had to clean the place up afterwards, I was just so tired that my body kicked in with the last amount of energy that is released when you go into overdrive - so I was switching between being so tired I could barely move around, and being a hyperactive jet rocket running around not really doing anything productive, but running around.

I think one of the major reasons that we stayed up so late was the dear Linus - he kept us up and active and ran around and kept saying "JUST THREE MORE HOURS GUYS, WE CAN DO THIS!" - and for some reason some of us actually didn't go to bed, we just stayed up with Linus - that crazy kid.. He made quite good friends with some of the guys there, and they made up these weird plans.. I have honestly no idea if they even remember making these plans?

At some point during the night/morning, Linus and one of the guys from my class, Alexander decided that they wanted to go for a walk in the little town the party was held in.. Seem logical to want to go out in the night when it's about 5 degrees outside.. Yeah. Mind you, the winter hasn't really kicked in here yet, so 5 degrees is actually quite warm for a New Year's eve here.. Anyway, I had to go with these two fools, since none of them new how to get back to the house if they suddenly decided to take a weird turn or something so they might end up on a weird field outside of the town or something.. I don't know what could happen to them, so I went with them. I was walking ahead of the boys, and as I turned around to ask them where they wanted to go, I was met by the sight of the two lads without their shirts..

Okaaaaay.. I aske why, and they simply responded that they thought it was too warm to wear a shirt outside.. Lunatics.. Not that I mind, being in the class that I am, and having the friends I have - I am quite used to nudity by now. We went walking, and at some point I felt like running instead - because fuck me and my brain, I was drunk as fuck at that point.. I could feel that I was cold, and I think I remember my teeth clacking, but I didn't really freeze, due to the amount of alcohol.. Yeah, smart decision to go outside when you can't feel how cold it is.. 
But as written, I started running a bit, not too long, the lads could still see me, but as I stopped and just walked I suddenly heard running feet, and as I turned around I suddenly found myself in the middle of a sandwich - the two guys around me, and we were all laughing our asses off! They eventually released me, and we went a bit further. Alexander did, for some reason, get the idea that it was a good time to do push-ups - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD! Linus followed that idea, and me, I just walked further, I wasn't really in a state to deal with that..

We somehow got back, and I honestly have no idea how long time we were outside. I think a couple of hours more went by before we actually got to bed.. Again, I don't know what time it was when we went out - but all I know is that at some point the host and one of his good friends sat in the kitchen and discussed politics. I didn't really bother to put my mind that much into what they were actually discussing, I just sat on the floor with one of my friends, we shared a bag of crisps with dip, and a blanket - it was quite entertaining. 

I will try to end my freaking novel here, we went to bed far too late, and got a few hours of sleep.. The day after, we watched films on the giant couches, and I slept most of the day when I eventually got home. The day after (the 2nd) at my English test I could take a look at the clock and say "24 hours ago, I hadn't even gone to bed yet.. Whyyyyy"

It was a fucking fantastic New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment