Total page showings

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines

Hi guys!

I'm am back from my skiing vacation! I am sorry I couldn't upload or write that many posts down there, but the internet connection at the place we were staying at was crap and unstable as fuck! :-) Anyways, I am back home again, so the blogging can continue! :-)

After I unpacked all my stuff (okay let's be honest here..) After my mother helped me unpacking all my shit, I checked my mail, and of course, facebook! Admitted, it was one of the first thing I checked up on. Well, I logged on, and even though Valentines Day was days ago, I was absolutely spammed with posts and statuses about that exact day.

Personally Valentines Day doesn't bother me at all. I have both been single and have had a boyfriend on the so called "special day", but I just don't get why people are so bloody fussed about it? Honestly? The fuck is up with people?I saw people complaining about being single and how alone and miserable they are ALL DAY! I can't take shit like that. Of course it can suck if you are single in Valentines but would you grow up?

Another thing that sprung to my eyes, and that actually bothers me more (this is turning into a rant, can you see it coming?), is the fact that people are complaining about others being happy on Valentines. I mean.
WHAT. THE. FUCK?
That has got to be one of the saddest thing ever. It is okay to be upset about being alone on the day, but pulling others out of their "happy-bubble", to make them aware of your misery? Stop it. Right now.

A friend of mine has been called "gay" and "faggot" (and stuff like that), just because he likes Valentines Day. He likes the tradition of showing a little extra love to the people around you, and especially his loved ones. And then when he wants to surprise his girlfriend at the "special occasion" he get's shit for it? What. I don't even. Asdfghjkl! Stop!


This picture describes my feelings about people who are bitching like that, pretty accurate! Really. I don't get why douche bags thinks they have the rights to give good guys shit for being good boyfriends? I am so proud of my friend for what he did for his girlfriend, even though I don't really care that bloody much about the day.

The year I had a boyfriend (hahaha, sounds like I am a total loner!) on Valentines Day wasn't much different. He is a boy who shows his affection very much, and the only difference was that he gave me a necklace, nothing too fancy, I told him that, and I though it was extremely sweet! This year I didn't really pat attention to the day, I was too busy skiing, being tired and sick to notice really ;-) I wished the others in my room a Happy Valentines, and that was it. I don't care that much of the day, but I think it is sweet.

A person I follow on twitter wrote that Valentines shouldn't be that special a day, because you should show your loved one(s) respect and affection every single day. I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment