Total page showings

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Family frictions

THIS WAS WRITTEN IN DUBLIN

Hi guys!

As expected - this holiday is really creating some frictions between my parents and I.. There has been a few quarrels and arguments, but so far nothing major has happened, but we just get more and more irritated and grumpy at each other, it's like we're not even trying to behave anymore.. 

Not that I am really bothered, because I am honestly getting really tired of my parents' shit - and how fucking sensitive they're apparently getting over the course of our one week vacation - and I do know that I am most certainly not helping out with the mindset I have, but I think my reason is valid.

One of the reasons that I have stopped giving a fuck (or a feck, as they say here in Ireland), is the fact that my parents are accusing me of all these stupid things, things I haven't done. I am pretty sure you all know the situation; you are discussing something with your parents, and you're coming up with good and valid arguments for your case - and then your parents get mad, and tells you to "stop talking back" to them.. Like Jesus fucking Christ mate - would you be do kind to shut the fuck up??

I am aware of the fact that I am sounding like a little spoiled brat, and I might be - but I honestly think my parents are violently overreacting in these cases! We were visiting Kilmanham gaol (a very important jail in Irish history), and after the tour we headed towards the cafeteria, to get a cuppa before we headed towards the city again. I couldn't decide what kind if coffe I wanted, and that is apparently a thing my father hates, since he started practically yelling at me that I should "make up my fucking mind". 

Sure, I should've made up my mid faster - but that sure as hell didn't give him any reason to start yelling at me? I think he was overreacting and said something along the lines that it was just a cup of coffe, and that "Jees calm down!". That didn't south him very much...

My dearest father then continued, when we found a table, by saying that he might as well go home to the hotel since, for all he knew, I had ruined his day by acting the way I did.. Jesus fuck, that man needs counseling or something like that! Goddamn.. You should honestly think that he knew how to handle teenagers since he has 3 other kids.. Which are all grown up, but you know what I mean! 
All though, two of them are boys - and they do just more or less lock themselves in in their rooms and come out when they are over the teenage age - and my sister was proberbly one of the least teenage-ish teenagers you'll ever come across..

When we went on a day trip around the Wicklow area, we stopped at a shop/cafeteria/store-thing where there was a whole lot of jewelry and clothes and handmade stuff. We had headed out quite early in the morning, so I had stuffed the earrings I wanted to wear, in my jacket pocket. When we were leaving the shop, Helene and I had went to the bathroom - so my parents had our coats. Helene and I got to the bus before my parents, and as my mother entered the bus and passed me my coat, she whispered in my ear and asked me "what are those earrings in your pocket?!". Later on she told me that she apparently just thought I had bought some new earrings and that I didn't wanted to tell - but I am pretty fucking sure that she thought I had stolen them.. I don't think I have ever been so fucking offended in my life. My own mother thought I had stolen something!

Again - I am aware of how aweful I sound myself, but dear God I feel proud of myself for not ripping my own head off and screaming at my parents for hours. I am such an awful child to have - but I am pretty fucking sure that my parents are a bit overreacting, even for teenage parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment