Total page showings

Friday, October 18, 2013

I was at Guinness!!

So, I have finally gotten used to the cars driving in the left side - it was a nightmare the first days, getting scared shitless whenever I was driving a bus or a cab and seeing other cars coming right at us in the right lane of the road.. God, it was freaking horrible - thank God for the human ability to addabt to new habits!

We (my parents, my friend Helene and I) did a lot of things the first few days! As we landed at Dublin Airport, we bought a so called "Dublin pass" which allowed us a free busride from the airport to the center of Dublin, and free entrance on a lot of the big (and must-see) attractions in Dublin. 

With the pass in hand we first headed to our hotel where we were allowed to store our luggage - and then we grabbed a cap to the Guinness storehouse! The area owned by Guinness is huge! There is the storehouse itself which doubles as "show off for tourists" and store for franchise. I absolutely loved the place! The building was amazing and all the smells and taste experiences were just overwhelming! We were in a "Guinness tasting experience" where we could smell some of the main ingredients; barley, yeast, malt and hops. Helene and I especially likes the smell of hops, it was kind of a mix between vanilla and jasmine - a very fresh and lovely smell!

On our tour around the storehouse I also learned how to pour a perfect pint o' Guinness - something I am much proud of! We ate lunch at the storehouse (before going around tasting the beer), and I had some soup with a kind of bread that more assemblyed a slice of cake, it was so sweet from the Giunness mixed in it! 

My God, the gift shop at the storehouse was mad! There was both small keyrings, magnets, caps, mirrors, mugs, t-shirts, sweaters and I honestly haven't seen so much merchandise for one brand, in one place - in my entire life!! It was downright crazy - and I loved every second of it! Sadly, I didn't get to buy much - just a keyring, because I really want a t-shirt from Hard Rock CafĂ© - and then I'll see how much money there's left  afterwards!

Since I feel like I have now written an entire novel just about my experience with Guinness - I'll stop now and hopefully get to write another post later! Irish love to all of ya, may the road rise to meet ya steps! 


No comments:

Post a Comment