Total page showings

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Camping

Hi guys!

My friend Helene (she has been introduced before, you might remember her) and I are planning a short cycling/camping holiday. It will be in the first week after we have finished our exams and "end of term" tests. I have to go to one exam, while Helene, that lucky girl, doesn't have any. We both have some term tests, but as soon as they are over, we are going to take off for a little island called Hjarnø. 

So far we are planning a either 3 or 4 days stay, depending on our mood, the weather and the economy ;-) We are going to be dropped of at a bigger city nearby, shop at a grocery store for our trip, and then ride off to the ferry that sails to the island. We might stop at a small castle on the way, it has apparently got an oak tree that is thousands and thousands of years old - so we might just stop to see that.

On the island itself, there isn't really that much to see, but we are going to ride around the island, and maybe even walk around it - who knows? We are going to stay at a campsite, where we will rent a small hut, so that we wont be isolated in a tent if it starts to rain. The hut is about 6 square-meters, so we will get close to each other, haha! Helene is also going with me and my parents to Ireland (Dublin) in the fall, so it will be sort of a practice for staying in the same room for a whole week ;-)

It is not going to matter how the weather is, we have decided that we are going to go swimming! We love swimming in the ocean, and I have read that some of the beaches should be amazing! There are some of the oldest and most well preserved graves from the times of the danish vikings, and I really want to go an see that. Maybe it isn't really much, but I think it will be good! Talking of going to the beach I mentioned for Helene that I might wanted to be a social douchebag and lay a bit in the sun one of the days, and luckily she feels the same way! - Sunbathing (of course in a responsible way, sun-blocker and not in the "dangerous hours") here we come!

We are both generally really excited to go, both to get away from the school and stress, and to get some girly time! It sounds cheesy as fuck, but it is like we have some catching up to do! Since Christmas last year (duh!) Helene and I have been on different classes (something we haven't since 2nd grade!), and since we don't go to class together anymore, I sometimes feel the need to just spend time with ma guurl! Haha, I am sooo looking forward to this, I am sure it will be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment