Total page showings

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Skipping school

Hi guys!

I am not really sure how I got to think of the particular topic, but I felt like writing a post about it, so here I am - writing a post! (DUH!)

Skipping school is never really a thing I have been doing and a regular basis. I think I have always looked at the ones who skipped classes, as losers who were just to dumb to participate. I my own defence, the reason I have categorised these people so negatively, is because they were the people who bullied me a lot in "ground school" (I always forget what the fuck it is actually called?!).

Now that I am in high school, I don't really bother to judge people if they skip classes, it's really their own problem, and most certainly not mine. I might shake my head a little bit, but that is it. To be honest, I have skipped a few classes myself - A FEW! ;-) There was a math class which got canceled the day before, so I made some plans with a friend, and when it got put back on, I was so pissed that I just left and went ahead with my previous plans with my friend.

One other time was in a civics class, where I was tired as fuck and sick as well, just to raise the motivation further. Two of my really good friends were sitting in a classroom nearby and writing on their drama, and I decided to join them, instead of civics. So when our lovely teacher gave us a five minutes break, I went to see my two friends, and I spent the rest of the class there. I can honestly say that I don't regret it at all, since I wouldn't have had a chance on Earth to concentrate on what our teacher was saying in class.

In the ground school, I lived really close to the school, during the last year I must admit to have skipped quite some classes. Some days I simple couldn't be bothered to go to school and face the idiots and other assholes in my class, and I just stayed home, claiming to be sick. One day I just went to the classes I liked - and went home during the others. The intellectual level in our class was, apart from a few of us, really low and the motivation even worse. Therefor I could easily skip an entire day, and still be in top of the class. Note that I am not trying to show off, of make an excuse, I am simply explaining.

During some of the time where I was bullied a lot and stayed home from school for some days, because I couldn't pull myself together to go and face the assholes, my friends sometimes came home to me after school, to check that I was okay, to see some tv and just to be amazing friends. The few times (compared to about 11 years out of my soon 17 year long life I have been to school) I have skipped classes I haven't really regretted. I have never felt shame or guilt from skipping any class, and I honestly didn't care what the teachers thought of me, since I was soon done with the ground school anyway.

I do know that skipping school is a bad thing, and I really don't do it, it has been 2 times on an entire year in high school, and you shouldn't do it! I really don't hope that you skip school, because it is coming back to bite your ass off!
"But you said that you did it, without falling behind!"
Yes, I did. But if your school is just a little bit better than mine was, you will, because you would actually have learned something during the classes you might have skipped!

Sigh, this is turning into a freaking novel as well! Doesn't matter, I am done now! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment