Total page showings

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Embarrassing parents

Hi!

It really is one of the worst things in the world, right? Being surrounded be classmates, and having your father/mother standing beside you and tell them all, all about when you were 4 and peed you pants, or something like that. Or having your mother repeatedly reminding you about something "so funny" you have done that you have no remembrance of.

At times like that, when your parents - or friends and family for that matter - act out like that, and they're just super embarrassing, either because they are making a fool of you, or themselves, you would just wish they would take a hint and shut up, or you would just gain the ability to disappear from the face of Earth for a few hours.

I have myself had a lot of these kind of experiences, mainly because my father have a quite weird and special humor, and he loves to take it out on me. Of course it is always meant with love, I know that, but when you are in the situations it really doesn't seem much like love. It was a lot worse when I was younger, of two reasons. 1) I didn't have the guts to "attack" him back (or maybe it was a mix of that, and not being smart enough to come up with a comeback?) 2) I found it so humiliating that I couldn't see anything fun about it, at all. I just shut down.

Now, whenever my father is in one of those extra mischievous moods, I am prepared, and I give him back of his own medicine. Another thing about it now, is that I can actually see the funny things in it, even if it isn't funny from my perspective, I am (finally) smart enough to understand why other people would laugh at it, and me, because it is funny, and not because they hate me.

All seriousness aside, if you tell me that you have never had the urge to do this


to your parents because they where especially embarrassing one day, I don't believe you.. And of course I don't mean it in a murderous way, duh, just the urge to make them shut up somehow. I know I have.

Bye guys - Shhhhh.....
- K

No comments:

Post a Comment